Friday, August 9, 2013

The Diva and Day 10


Mid-Session
Dee got her first massage today.  I was actually a little worried about how she would handle it, but she was a rock star.  In true rock star fashion, she ate up every minute of it.  As I suspected, she was pretty tight behind on the right side, and on the left side of her neck.  After squealing and cow-kicking once when the massage therapist hit a particularly sensitive knot in her butt, she then proceeded to completely relax into it, and as the therapist kneaded, Dee kind of just leaned against her and rubbed her butt against her hands to "help."  For the most part, she really seemed to enjoy the experience, and afterwards I took her out for a short ride, as suggested by the massage therapist.  She was lovely.  Still a little against the right hand and leg, but not stuck.  Today it just felt like she was trying, but not entirely sure what was right, and she picked up the left lead without issue.  She really is getting quite rideable in her canter, which is exciting, and today her upward and downward transitions were borderline nice.  I say borderline because they are still not quite there, but the fact that she is improving is encouraging!
"I'm ready for my spa day now, mother."


Day 10- How your family/friends feel about your riding
They are all very supportive of my riding.  I think at this point, everyone around me realizes that riding isn't just something I do, it's part of who I am.  As my best friend in law school put it, "I feel like to completely know you, I need to meet Dee."  And it's true.  And anyone who doesn't accept that is not someone who truly cares about me.


No comments:

Post a Comment