Friday, August 2, 2013

30 Day Challenge... Day 4

Day 04- Describe the important horses you've had in your life

1. Jasmine - 14.3 hand black pony.  She taught me the basics of jumping and instilled confidence in me.


2. Sprinkles - Flea-bitten gray welsh pony.  The stereotypical "bratty pony."  He taught me about stickability, perseverance, and remaining calm under all circumstances.


3. Sierra - Chestnut Thoroughbred.  He started my love affair with this breed.  He taught me more than I can write about here right now, and I've definitely written about him before.
That is not me on board, this was after Sierra and I parted ways.  I just don't have any pictures on my computer of me and him.


4. Dusty - Bay Thoroughbred.  I don't know if I'll ever find another Dusty.  She will always hold a huge part of my heart.  She was smart, sassy, opinionated, and hot-headed, but she was also a horse that I always trusted 100%.
She was a good sport


5. Kess - Bay Thoroughbred.  He let me really move forward in my training after Dusty got cataracts.  He was kind and dependable, and a great horse to work around.


6. Sitka - Bay TB/Percheron. She taught me a lot about the training process.  Watching her transform from a run-away freight train to a rideable, rateable jumper was incredibly rewarding.  She also loved to cuddle.


7. Tango - Bay Thoroughbred.  Unfortunately, he mostly taught me about lameness issues and injury maintenance.  He was the first horse that I purchased with my own money, and even though he caused a lot of heartache, I still miss him.



8. Dee - OH miss Dee.  She really is something else, but despite myself, I really do just love her to death.  We have our certain special relationship, and she may never be a really trustworthy, loveable animal, but I love her just the way she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment