Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Walk in the Woods

I've been steadily building up my walking distance since the surgery. It started with laps around the dining room table, which is pretty unimpressive, but wiped me out nonetheless. Well, I am very excited to say that yesterday I did a 4 mile hike! I'd been keeping to the roads before, but I felt that I was ready to hit the trail again yesterday. Actually, it was only supposed to be a 3.6 mile hike, but I'm an idiot and took what amounted to about mile long detour. I ended up cutting out part of my original planned route, and kept the hike to 4 miles. It was SO wonderful to be out trapsing through mud and muck, surrounded by trees and sunshine. And best of all? I felt fine when I finished! I went up to the Camp Columbia State Forest, in Morris/Bethlehem. It is a neat little trail, with a creepy, cool old tower and abandoned building that stem from the days when the area was used as a college.
Some photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment