Tuesday, April 19, 2011

30 day Book Challenge: Day 12

Day 12: Book that is most like your life



Jitterbug Perfume - Tom Robbins.
Mostly because the main message in the book is "Lighten up!" and that is something I'm constantly trying to tell myself. Unfortunately, I haven't found the secret to eternal life through jitterbugging and beets, nor do I hang out with Pan. I am also not a perfume expert. However, I think the MESSAGE of the book (its essence, like a fine perfume) suits me perfectly.

" Jitterbug Perfume is an epic. which is to say, it begins in the forests of ancient Bohemia and doesn't conclude until nine o'clock tonight [Paris time]. It is a saga, as well. A saga must have a hero, and the hero of this one is a janitor with a missing bottle. The bottle is blue, very, very old, and embossed with the image of a goat-horned god. If the liquid in the bottle actually is the secret essence of the universe, as some folks seem to think, it had better be discovered soon because it is leaking and there is only a drop of two left."

No comments:

Post a Comment