Monday, April 11, 2011

Skinny Legs and All

You've probably noticed that my last few posts have had absolutely nothing to do with horses. I decided to do a 30-day book challenge (roughly the length of my supposed recovery) instead. That's because I'm sitting at home, up to my eyeballs in pain-pills, trying to occupy my time. I also have no real updates on my girl, other than she's happy and healthy up at Steph's. Steph did tell me that she had a pleasant ride on her the other day, which was nice to hear. She also told me that she thinks Dee's getting a bit too ribby for her taste (not surprising, she's back in hard-ish work and probably feeling a little stressed). She asked if I'd ever fed her Ultimate Finish. T be honest, I can't remember if it was Dee that had that, or Tango. One of them had it and hated it. However, if it was Dee who hated it, she would have had it when I first got her, and she was a lot pickier then. Now, she'll munch down doxy pills whole, eat her gross powder supplements, and pretty much fish through the pockets of anyone she thinks might have cookies for her.
Somehow, my horses always turn into treat-hounds (Kess excluded) even though they don't get fed treats very often! Sierra once stole a cup of hot chocolate out of my hands (thankfully it was cooled off) and indulged himself in that. Dusty once rummaged through some woman's bag because she smelled carrots. We were at a show and it was pouring rain... I was holding Dusty under the overhang outside of the indoor waiting to go in, and there were a bunch of spectators standing with us. I was turned around, talking to someone, and when I turned back, Dusty was ears deep in some lady's bag. She didn't earn the nickname "Pig" for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment