Thursday, July 2, 2009

Back to Blog

I know I know, it's been too long! The past two weeks have been sort of crazy and I haven't had a moment to think about blogging. I believe we left off at the fact that Tang and I were about to head up to Orange to hang out with Steph for the weekend. Well, that went AMAZINGLY well. There was a brief mix-up on the way up there, because steph had forgotton to write down that we were coming and was going to be gone until six that evening, but it worked out all right, Tang and I just hung out until she got home.

Our lesson on Saturday was on the flat, and Steph was pleased with how he looked soundness-wise. She was also happy to see how much more educated he is now compared to last time she saw him, but told me that it was time to start putting a little more pressure on him. She had me really riding him from behind into a more uphill balance. What really pleased me was that he just did it, he pretty much understood and gave the right answers every time, it was really cool.
Sunday we rode at nine and it was time for my first time jumping since last summer, when he was sound! Stephie's instructions to Tango were "Can you please NOT jump these like they're 3'6 so that your mother's back doesn't get sore?" haha. Well, he listened! He really has gotten a lot more educated all around. We kept the jumps low (mostly for me), but he was really pretty good overall... a few naughty moments, but that's to be expected, I guess. I feel like those will disappear as the jumps get a little bigger, because he simply doesn't pay attention when they're smaller and thinks it's playtime. Silly boy.
After stephie's, I went up to Jen's to horse-sit for the week and got to play with Piglet! I have lots of pictures, and if I can ever figure out how to get videos on my computer, I'll post those, too!











I was supposed to have a jump lesson Tuesday with Nancy, but Tango decided to stick his foot through the fence Monday night. He was lame lame lame on Monday, so I iced and poulticed. Tuesday he actually jogged sound, but it was still fat enough that I didn't feel comfortable riding him, let alone jumping him. I'm currently trying to re-schedule, because we really need to get in gear if we're hoping to have ANY chance at Riga Meadow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment