Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I LOVE LESSONS

Tango and I had a lovely flat lesson with Jen yesterday. We worked a ton on transitions and by the end, I was getting the nicest canter transitions that we've EVER had... he was responsive and forward and I don't think he got the left lead wrong once! Also, I didn't get yelled at quite as much for having my leg too far back! progress! I do, however, need to work a little harder on bending the elbow a bit more and keeping my thumbs up all the time... and of course fix my leg completely.
I learned that if I can just keep him nice and forward all the time, we CAN have nice transitions... a nice change from the wishy washy, dragging on the forhand ones that I'm used to.
That was not, however, the best part of the lesson... I think that the best part was the fact that he was SOUND. He felt great and apparently looked great and I may finally have a wonderful, sound horse. I fret about things like that constantly, but so far so good.
Well, we're off to go hacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment