Monday, July 20, 2009

Riga Meadow

I went to Riga Meadow yesterday to have a nice day of watching ponies. Taylor was going up there with her trainer to help out, so I met up with her. First of all, it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL venue... the views are breathtaking.

By the time I got there, novice stadium was just beginning. I found taylor and told her that I wanted to keep an eye out for Delaney - the pony I used to ride at Stephie's. Oddly enough, I then turned around to see a little dark bay pony grazing with a fly mask on... closer inspection revealed that his halter did in fact say "Delaney"! I chatted with his rider's mom a little bit and she told me that he's been doing great, which is always nice to hear! I guess he lived in MD last year with his owner while she was at college, so that's cool! Here's a picture of him that I found here

I hung out and watched stadium for awhile before wandering off to XC, as Taylor's friend was about to head out on course. As you can see from the photo above, the XC course was pretty lovely... you could see just about everything if you stood in the right spot. Tay's friend went well, but the horse hurt itself and had to be taken to the on-site vet. It wasn't serious, thankfully. While they did that I wandered further into the XC fields and watched a bunch of people go. The course looked like it was riding very well, and everyone seemed to be having a pretty nice time. Right before I went back towards the dressage/show jumping, I saw a little pony going that I was PRETTY sure was Delaney, so I decided to wait and watch him go. Well, he wasn't a very good pony yesterday... he stopped at the jump after the drop, dumped his poor rider and took off back to the start. Silly pony!
After that, I was planning on heading out, but Taylor sent me a text saying that Bandit was in the dressage ring. Bandit was our friend Addie's old horse and is now being ridden by a young girl. He had a terrible dressage test and then got eliminated in show jumping... probably for the best. Having seen him, I headed out... horribly sunburned but glad to have spent a day at an event.

No comments:

Post a Comment