Saturday, September 28, 2013

Her Middle Name Was Boom

I don't often find her napping, but she's pretty cute when she does.
Poor Dee was neglected for the entire week while I was stuck in the law library.  My "earliest" night ended at almost 8, so riding was kind of a no-go.  I got up there for the first time since last Sunday yesterday, and she was actually quite lovely.  She was a little high, but did a good job of keeping it together.  Luckily her idea of being "naughty" lately is to try to find things to spook at, but she has gotten to the point where she sort of lets me know when she's thinking of shying and lets me ride her past it.  Today she was even better.  The more I make her do -- small circles, large circles, serpentines, leg yields, shoulder-ins, etc etc -- the better she gets.  She has really started to get the idea of using herself in the trot work, and has started to get really steady in the contact, keep a nice even rhythm, and really push off of the ground.  On top of everything, she also feels like she's happy to do it, like she's enjoying her job and the new things she's learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment