Thursday, September 15, 2011

"We're going to Be Friends"

Dee has a new buddy. No, I don't mean a four-legs-and-fur variety buddy.

I got an e-mail from B on Tuesday, which was all well and good (the boys are doing fabulously and so is B) until the last line of the e-mail, which said "I hear your mare needs a new person".

WHAT!?

I picked up the phone immediately and dialed L to figure out the deal there. Did they hate her? Was she naughty?

Thankfully, it turned out to be a case of "girl starts college and decides she doesn't want to ride that much or work at the barn". Even more thankfully? Apparently H has taken a liking to miss Dee and jumped on the chance to take over the ride on her. He wants to do some dressage, but also some little jumper/hunter shows with her, which is exciting. As L put it to me, "H has a new little buddy and he loves it".
I can't even tell you how good it makes me feel that someone is enjoying her so much. I mean, this summer I kept talking about how much fun she is now, but to hear that someone else thinks so too makes me very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment