Monday, September 5, 2011

Quick Update


So, while Dee's squealy, hormone-raging behavior had subsided when she was put on Regumate again, she apparently kept presenting with a slight lameness behind. The vet came out to look at the foot, and determined that there was some inflammation in the foot. I guess they figured it was probably from when she pulled a shoe, thinking maybe the shoe twisted and caused some irritation. They immediately began soaking and packing the foot (which I hear went over REALLY well. She refused to walk for awhile after they wrapped the foot... diva mare.)
According to the e-mail I got today, it turned out to be an abscess, which has since blown out. She is now perfectly sound again. THANK GOD.
I found these pictures on my phone today... I think I took them about a week before she moved to NY.


No comments:

Post a Comment