Monday, August 1, 2011

New Chapter

Dee is now living in Germantown, NY. She is living with friends of B's, and will be mostly ridden by one of their students and H's daughter. Yesterday, H's daughter got on her after L schooled her a bit and all went really well. L thinks Dee has three lovely gaits (I think so, too!) and an ESPECIALLY wonderful walk. I think that's because walking is her favorite thing to do under saddle.
I have to say, I miss my pretty pony already, but it helps to know that she'll be in good hands while I'm away. B sends them horses for care/training sometimes, so I know that they take great care of the animals. I also have to admit that I'm kind of excited to have her learning to be a super dressage mare! Jumping comes so naturally to her that if I want to pick it back up and go eventing later on, it shouldn't be a problem. My biggest worry was that she would be ruined on the flat, because she's still very impressionable and it's a little tough for her. Plus, she gets really tense and heady with certain people sometimes, so she needs the right type of rider to flourish.
All that said, it looks like I've come to the end of the first book in our series, so to speak. I'll update on Dee occasionally as I get feedback from H and L, but things are probably going to slow way down. I'll also probably sporadically update on non-horsey life in Knoxville (NON-horsey life!? What horrors are these!?).
Until then, I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment