Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hormone Hysteria

Last night I got a phone call that EVERY horse owner who is leasing out their beast doesn't want to get. Or so I thought.
It started out with something along the lines of "Dee is a bit off behind." ...Quoi!?
It then went into some detail about said weird lameness, at which point my heart was sneaking down to my feet.
But then... she added that they took her off Regumate. AHA! This is probably not a disaster after all.

They put her back on the Regumate just to be sure, but I think it's safe to say that the mystery slight lameness was caused by the mega-heat that she came into after coming off her hormone-juice. Here's how they presented said minor lameness to me:
No heat
No swelling
No hoof sensitivity
Squealy and touchy in the lumbar area
Reluctant to back up
Doesn't want to stand square behind
Tight through back under saddle

Sounds like classic Dee-heat behavior to me. I will be incredibly surprised if it turns out to be something else, but we will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment