Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Life Changes

Dee and I will be moving!  Well, Dee will technically be moving twice.


Tomorrow, Dee is heading to a new barn.  Poor thing is a little bit of a vagabond.  But conveniently, the barn is half an hour closer to me than the one I'm at currently.  This was not something I had planned, but I'm hoping it works out for the best.  Long story short, the barn owners (or more accurately, the college owners), pulled some shady stuff and ousted the BM with one story while trying to retain the boarders with another.  Why they thought we weren't in communication with the BM is beyond me.  At the end of the day, what they did was pretty despicable, and I doubt any of us will be hanging around (unless the person is a member of the college and "stuck").  So, Dee and I are heading to a lovely new facility that boasts a covered arena (score!) and miles of trails (double score!).  Although I wasn't planning on having to drop everything and head out there to move her, I'm pretty excited and will try to document miss thang's move.

As for me, I will be moving too.  But... in a year.  I was offered a job in Greeneville, TN.  It's a year-long clerkship that a can't give out too many details of because of confidentiality concerns, but needless to say, it's going to be a really amazing experience that should help to open a lot of doors.  Am I excited about living in the middle of nowhere in TN?  Not really.  I'm I excited about working for an amazing person and learning a ton?  Absolutely!  So, next September, Dee and I will be off on another adventure into the depths of East Tennessee.  Until then, however, we'll keep chugging along in Knoxville.

No comments:

Post a Comment