Thursday, July 25, 2013

30 Day Challenge... Day 1

July 2013 -- She was not cooperating and this was the best of 5 shots

So, I found this, and decided to do it.  No promises that I'll remember to update everyday, but I'll at least get through all of them eventually!

30 Day Challenge Equestrian Edition

Day 01- When and why you started riding
Day 02- The last time you rode a horse and what you did
Day 03- Your best ride ever
Day 04- Describe the important horses you've had in your life
Day 05- Your first fall
Day 06- What's in your grooming bucket?
Day 07- Biggest riding pet peeve
Day 08- A little about the barn/stable you ride at
Day 09- Any injuries that occurred from riding
Day 10- How your family/friends feel about your riding
Day 11- Describe your dream horse
Day 12- Favorite horse book
Day 13- Your worst ride ever
Day 14- Your dream barn/farm
Day 15- All the tack and riding clothes you have (brand/color/other details)
Day 16- Your most recent fall
Day 17- Your equestrian idol
Day 18- Your riding goals
Day 19- A discipline you would like to do that you’ve never done before
Day 20- Your favorite place to trail ride
Day 21- Your perfect riding outfit
Day 22- The importance of riding in your life
Day 23- Your worst riding habits
Day 24- Your best riding friend
Day 25- Your dream trailer
Day 26- Your grooming routine
Day 27- You know your an equestrian when….. (Give 5 original ones)
Day 28- Helmet or no helmet?
Day 29- A style/trend in tack/etc. that you don’t like
Day 30- Your Future With Horses


When and why you started riding
Some kids must just be born with the bug.  My mother never rode, and neither did my father.  My grandparents?  Certainly not.  Yet, I was always drawn to it.  At age four, I wanted a pony at my birthday party.  I used to beg my grandma to go to Lee's riding stable for pony rides, and feel absolute despair when my cousins could go on a trail ride, but I had to stay in the ring being led.  By the time I was almost six, I was doing everything in my six-year old power to convince my mother that riding lessons were a good idea.  Eventually she caved, and began taking me for lessons.  In fact, she used my obsession to indulge herself, and joined me in my lessons for awhile.  
I couldn't tell you why I wanted to ride, or why I never wanted to stop.  I guess I was just born with the bug.

View from the back of the barn

No comments:

Post a Comment