Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer is Here

...for the moment, anyway. Right now, we're in the midst of a heat wave. It's supposed to reach 93 today, and get up to 95 tomorrow... and let's not forget the HUMIDITY that connecticut loves so much. I'm not sure what it reached yesterday, but I know it was HOT. Of course, the way my schedule runs, I don't get up to the barn until the afternoon, which makes for some miserably hot riding conditions. Yesterday I promised Dee a 25 minute ride if she behaved. She did, and I kept my promise. Interestingly, she was a bit spooky, which surprised me (she's been a little rock lately). We had one little scoot forward (I think it was an animal in the woods, because I did here something behind us), but she just cantered forward a few times and went straight back to work. She also sucked back a little bit heading towards the woods during her right lead canter, but a little kick fixed that. All in all, she was a good girl. Today she's going to do a little jump school and tomorrow she'll get to just chill out.

No comments:

Post a Comment