Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Baby G


The newest resident at B's is a recently weaned Lusitano colt - Baby G. He is ridiculously cute. I mean, all foals are cute, but with his fluffy mane and forelock, and the gray starting to shine through on his face (it sort of looks like someone blew flour in his face), he is definitely one of the cutest little guys I've seen. He also seems to have a great temperment. Friday I'm having a baby handling lesson, so should be good!

After a leisurely weekend, I was kind of expecting a wild ride yesterday. Much to my surprise, however, miss Dee was a perfect lady. We trotted over many many many trot poles and jumped a few little jumps with no funny business to speak of. Today was not quite as good, as she came out tense and tight.
The left lead was especially horrific today. I really had to work hard to rev her engines, and she was so tense through her back at the beginning that I felt like I was sitting on a 2x4. It did get a bit better after a few minutes, but it wasn't one of her better days. Conversely, the right lead felt pretty nice. She was forward, balanced and not fussy. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment