Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Regumate

I hemmed and hawed about whether or not to put Dee on Regumate. After talking to the vet and stephie, and knowing that Bettina has suggested it for mares, I decided that it is worth a try. Mostly, I think it's worth a try because I think that she is genuinely uncomfortable when she's in heat, and I don't want her to be uncomfortable. If I can find something that makes her feel better physically when she's in heat, then I'm willing to give it a go. I've never had or ridden a mare that has such strong heats before. I never knew when Dusty or Sitka were in heat because they never acted any different. Dusty was always a little bit hot and crazy, and Sitka was always cranky if I rode her before breakfast (the ONLY times she was cranky, in fact! She loved her breakfast!)
Dr. S said that she should be able to get me the regumate by friday, so the plan is to pick it up on Friday and then drive it to King Oak (where Steph will be) on Sunday.
More exciting than all of this? I'm GRADUATING ON SATURDAY! FINALLY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment