Wednesday, May 18, 2011

From Problem Child to Lesson Horse!?

Dee is coming home on Saturday!! I am SO excited to have my little girl back with me again. Stephie seems to think that the regumate has helped, and told me that lately Dee has been trying super hard all the time, never saying no or being a crab. Let's hope that continues! Also, Steph has a student that comes up on weekends, and her horse has been injured, so Steph has been giving her lessons on Dee. Apparently, the woman even considered wanting to BUY Dee because she likes her so much, but then realized that she doesn't have time to deal with an injured horse, a full time job AND something she needs to ride. However, I'm really excited to hear that someone has been thoroughly enjoying my horse! I love that Steph puts other people up on the horses in training, because let's face it: those of us sending horses to her are NOT professional riders. We make mistakes. By throwing fellow amateurs up on the training horses, it makes them even more rideable. Steph is there on the ground, guiding, so obviously there's no terrible mistakes being made, but the horse is learning to deal with little mistakes here and there, which is what Dee needs.
Saturday is going to be a long day: drive to Litchfield to pick up the truck, then on to Chase Farm, then a lesson with Steph, then to Dee's new house in Woodbury, then back to Litchfield to drop the truck off. WHEW! Lucky my back is finally feeling better, because that's a LOT of driving!

No comments:

Post a Comment