Thursday, January 20, 2011

A New Plan

Dee is rapidly approaching the end of her stay in the correctional facility, and while I had initially wanted to send her to Florida, I've decided on a different course of action. Stephie leaves for Florida sooner than I'd anticipated (the 30th), and I just don't think I can get all of our affairs in order by then (ie - a health certificate, all of the packing, shipping arranged, etc). PLUS, it's just a lot of money to spend. Enter our alternative: Steph suggested that I wait until she gets back from Florida, and then send Dee to Massachusetts to learn the jumping ropes. It's certainly the cheaper option, and she's still getting taught by Steph! PLUS, it will be MUCH easier to visit! The problem? Steph doesn't get back until around March 16 or 17, and Dee finishes her current training on Feb 1st. That means that I had to scramble around to find an indoor (She CANNOT have 6 weeks off because of bad footing after I just spent all that money getting her into a program!) that we could stay until she leaves for Florida.
Thankfully, B knew of someone who could use some help, and that woman is willing to trade work for money off of board! The best part? The facility is BEAUTIFUL. The indoor is huge, there is a heated wash stall, the tack room is to die for, and the bathroom is nicer than the one i my house. Plus, I know Dee will be happy to get back to turn-out again!

I'm going up to see her today. When scheduling with Garry yesterday, he told me that he got on her (he was in FL for 2 weeks) Tuesday, and thought she felt awesome! Nice to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment