Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No more snow!

I am SUPER sick of all of this frozen precipitation! Dee moved last Sunday and I've only been able to work her TWICE. Yesterday, I threw her on a lunge line, because she needed to blow off some steam and get a little more settled in the new indoor. Bettina came in while I was finishing up and watched her trot and canter a bit. I am happy to say that she thinks she's very cute! Within two or three strides of trot, she was able to tell me that she's a bit weak in the LH (BINGO!), needs to learn how to elevate her shoulder, and could use some remodeling in her neck (OH YES, it's a bit upside down), but overall, she thought she was well put together and probably well suited to eventing. She also told me that if she didn't turn out to be brave enough or scopey enough to be a great eventer, she would probably make very nice babies, which is kind of nice to hear coming from someone who breeds horses.
In other news, my girl somehow snagged the penthouse suite at the new barn. It's done wonders for her piggishness in the stall, because now she doesn't tromp around in her poop quite so much! Yay!
We have our first lesson with Bettina tomorrow, which I'm stoked about.
Dee in her Suite:


And, at least SOME of us are enjoying this nasty weather...
Amado having a roll during last week's ice storm:

No comments:

Post a Comment