Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Natural Horsemanship

When I was a working student in MA, a woman came once a week to work with me and Scudder, the youngster, on natural horsemanship-type stuff. Now, I don't know what type it was... we used a rope halter and the ground work VASTLY improved Scud's manners, that's all I know. SO, when one of the girls in my senior seminar class asked me if she could use Dee and I as subjects for her senior project on Natural Horsemanship, I leapt at the chance.
We get our first lesson this weekend, and I'm pretty excited about it. I think it will be a great thing for me and Dee to work on together! Our "lesson" is Saturday, so I'll make sure to update! Maybe I can even convince megan to come up with me and take pictures.

On a side note, I wish I had my camera with me yesterday, because Dee was SO SUPER SHINY I couldn't believe it. I guess the Ultimate Finish is making her pretty glossy, but she doesn't seem to like eating it, so I'm thinking of switching her to Max-E-Glo rice bran, instead. It will offer the same results without the weird coco flavor that I think Dee is none to thrilled with. I do LIKE UF, and I think Buckeye is a great feed, so I don't want to take her off of the gro n' win, but I think I need something that she LIKES to eat to supplement the gnw with. They do have a UF powder, but I can't really imagine that it would taste much difference, and the powder is more expensive, so if she hates it, that's a lot of money down the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment