Thursday, February 18, 2010

Barefoot at last!

Miss Dee is finally barefooted! Bob thought her feet were in great shape and that she'll probably do well barefoot... so unlike Tango, whose feet were just terrible. I'm hoping that she acclimates well and doesn't get too sore. She was a proper lady for the farrier, too! Actually, she mostly just spend the whole time trying to figure out if my hair was edible or not (not biting, just lipping at every opportunity)... once she ascertained that it was not, she just sort of nosed it around and played with it... silly mare! But that was probably the most affectionate/playful she's ever been with me, so I was excited, and it kept her occupied.
In other news, I've got her started on the Max-E-Glo, and I'm really pleased with it. She seems to love it and is looking fabulous. I guess the Ultimate Finish just wasn't her cup of tea. I'm thinking that once she's in work, I may get her started on Platinum or possibly Mushroom Matrix, which Bettina told me works really well.
In other OTHER news, I finally got around to cleaning out my tack trunk and the rest of the tack room. I've been a bit negligent, and my tack trunk was in a complete state of disarray. The tack room needed some help, too.
Since we got all this snow on Tuesday, my trailer is sort of snowed in behind a plow drift, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get it out again and actually take Miss Dee somewhere, but at least now I have an excuse to let her hang out: she needs to get used to having naked feet!

2 comments:

  1. Do you work with Bettina too? You clued me in with the Mushroom Matrix, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take care of her washington horses for her a few evenings a week. Yeah, she swears by it, and it definitely makes a difference with the stallions, so I figure it may be worth a try.

    ReplyDelete