Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Terrible Patient

My horse is a very very very bad patient.  If anything ever goes seriously wrong with her, I have no idea how I will ever administer to her... well, I guess it would involve lots of drugs.

As you've probably guessed, Dee managed to bang herself up somehow.  When I brought her in today she had a big fat right front, seemingly caused by several scrapes on the inside and outside of the leg.  Not entirely sure how she managed it, but luckily it doesn't look serious.  I got to cleaning it, and she got to doing everything possible to avoid having it cleaned.... pulling it away, squealing, striking, stomping, and even attempting to lay on top of me at one point.  Eventually, after much cursing and threatening, I got her to let me finish cleaning and putting antibacterial cream on it, but man, she can throw a tantrum.


1 comment: