Friday, November 22, 2013

I'm stealing the towels.

Today was generally a gross day... raining, temperature hovering just below 60.  Naturally, I thought that by the time I went to the barn at 3:15 this afternoon, the horses would have been inside.  I mean, while it wasn't raining too badly earlier in the day, the weather had gone downhill since noon.  Imagine my surprise when I showed up to find this:

All of the ponies outside, soaked.  Now, I will admit, I generally don't mind throwing my horse out in the rain, but when the temperature is hovering just above blanketing temperatures, and will probably fall to blanketing temperatures once the sun goes down, forgive me for thinking that the horses should be brought in well before the sun goes down to make sure that they are all dry and toasty in time for bed.  I got Dee inside and spent the next hour and a half cleaning her leg and drying her off, so she would be dry when it came time for bed and a blanket.  I get the feeling the other horses were just going to be left wet, since they were all brought in at around 4, and no one who was working seemed concerned about it.  Kind of drives me nuts / makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment