Thursday, August 2, 2012

That's Not Vodka, That's Moonshine with a Chicken on it.

I am officially back in Knoxville, TN.  Did I really just spend a whole month in China?

For our last night in the city, Alice, Toni, Lauren, Courtney and I treated ourselves to a beautiful dinner at M on the Bund.  The food was absolutely delicious and well worth the prices.  Courtney and Toni had bought a bottle of vodka before we went to dinner, and after dinner, they brought it along to the Peninsula, opting not to spend money on the expensive cocktails.  Of course, I use the term vodka loosely.  I think Lauren put it best when she turned to Courtney and said "that's not vodka.  That's moonshine with a chicken on it."

Following a delicious mangotini at the Peninsula, we headed over to Bar Rouge, which is another rooftop bar on the bund.  Alice bought a Wasabi Martini, which sounds weird but was actually really nice.  It had real wasabi in it and everything!  After a little while at Bar Rouge, we hopped in a cab and went to No.88 Club.


All in all, it was a fantastic final night in Shanghai.  I will miss the city, but boy, it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment