Friday, July 15, 2011

A Case of the Itchies

Ok, so, the title has nothing to do with miss Dee. Whether i have endless bug bites or what, I am itchy ALL THE TIME lately. It's pretty terrible. It is a completely random thing to write about, but I figured I'd mention it since I'm sitting here itching away as I write this post. Wtf?

Dee's been going really well the past few days. We had a few days of super hot weather, so I did easy schools - about 20 minutes each day. I also did a few mini jump schools with her... for me more than her. I wish I could wrap my head around the fact that ever since Abbie dumped me at Rocking Horse, I've never really gotten my confidence back over fences. It's frustrating, because I don't have any real reason to fret... Tango was a fabulous, honest jumper, and Dee has been carting my semi-healed self around over fences for the past few weeks like a top class lady. But, despite all that, I still have a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach even when I look at a cross-rail. Am I worried about getting hurt again? Maybe... Who knows. Maybe one day I'll get over myself. In the meantime, once I get past that initial dread, I have a blast on maresy-poo.
It's funny, because while she's been my most difficult project, I think she's quickly becoming a favorite. Dusty is still top-mare, but I have a feeling Dee will get there one day. All I know is that I'm glad I didn't let her hormones get the best of me, because now I have a fantastic little girl, and I sincerely hope that I can keep her forever... She deserves it.
I realize that I'm just sort of prattling on and on about my girl and not actually saying much. Sorry about that.. sometimes you just have to prattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment