Friday, September 24, 2010

Clearing out the Scruff

I've been completely engrossed in studying for the LSATS, so my time spent in the barn has been minimal. We've done some lounging, and she's been very good. Yesterday, I gave her a little mini-spa day. She's not very good about getting her mane pulled, but I decided to give it a go. True to form, she acted like a total cow at first. I then tried the twitch, which also went as badly as usual. HOWEVER, when I took the twitch OFF, I tried to pull her mane ONE more time. Maybe the twitch made an impression, because she actually stood very nicely for me while I pulled her entire mane. (Well, very nicely in Dee terms... she's ALWAYS sort of fidgety). I used the system of pulling a small piece and then telling her how absolutely wonderful she is (which she loves to hear). Once we finished I gave her cookies and grass. All in all? It was a great day and Deer Run Spa!
I have a few pictures, which I will update with later.

No comments:

Post a Comment