Wednesday, June 30, 2010

FAIL

I haven't updated, mostly because I have nothing to update about. After our disastrous ride on the 16th, I gave Dee the weekend off hoping she would sort herself out a little and be fresh and happy on monday. TOTAL FAIL. She felt awful once again. Usually, with 4 days off, she would be bright and playful. Instead, she was grumpy and sluggish, totally behind the leg, focused on everything but me, grunting and squealing at the leg, stiff as a 2x4 and about as responsive. She just seemed... miserable. She usually enjoys working, but she was acting like it was the worst thing in the world. So, I called the vet about a lyme titer, just to check. I mean, I suppose it could be this lingering heat, but I want to cover all my bases. She's on vacation until I get the results back, which should be any day now - the vet came on Thursday.
Fingers crossed that it was just silly hormones, since she seems to be less mare-ish to handle this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment