Sunday, March 28, 2010

Itsy, bitsy, fuzzy wuzzy worms.

I never thought I'd say this, but YAY, my horse has worms! Dr. S found a pretty hefty population when she did the fecal, so it looks like the powerpac was just the thing, and since she's already on the strongid daily, we should be able to keep the population in control! All of her blood work looked wonderful, and she's officially innoculated for the season (with no reactions to the shots, thank goodness!). Now I've just got to get my copies of the rabies and coggins and we'll be set for any competitions we want to go to this year! Also, miss Dee has been utterly DEE-Lightful lately. She's been very good about her daily dose of icky wormer, and was a doll for Dr. S. I also think that (gasp) she may be starting to enjoy this grooming thing!
Dr. S thought that she was very cute... commented on how nice her shoulder is, what a nice eye she has, and how BIG she's probably going to get!
The dentist is coming for a visit on Friday, so if the teeth are causing trouble, too, then they'll not be causing trouble any more.
On another note, I'm about to pull my hair out, because while we HAVE been feeding the max-e-glo pellets, I ended up having to get the mash, and it is a MESS because it has to be wet. It gets all over Dee, all over the stall, all over the buckets.... there is rice bran EVERYWHERE. I'm already sick of it and it's only been a few days. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment