Sunday, January 26, 2014

Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Poor Dee.  I don't have body clippers, but she is such a fuzz-monster that she sweats like a pig every time I work her and I couldn't stand it anymore... So, I gave her a little haircut.  With regular handheld clippers.  And it looks... ehm... not great.  First of all, I can't do lines to save my life.  That said, I saw this picture on Tamarack's Facebook page and thought "Hey, I can maybe do that!":

I liked it because it wouldn't involve TOO much in the way of making straight lines, and heck, if I messed up the lines on her withers, they would be covered with the saddle pad or her blanket.  Unfortunately even with good body clippers my skills are only so-so.  I did a nice job on Sitka when we went to Florida, but it's been years, and that was with heavy-duty high-end clippers.  The ones I used on Dee are meant for dogs.

I figure the lines will be less noticeable in a week or so:
"What have you done?  I hate you."
Serrrrrious hack job.

But it was a success in terms of her not being a sweat-monster!

On the bright side, she was a VERY good girl for her hack job clip.

2 comments:

  1. I make it a point not clip my horse unless I know we're not going anywhere for at least a month. He'd be too embarrassed otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lucky for Dee she won't be forced to show off her new 'do in public. She might decide to finally kill me once and for all if I did that to her.

      Delete