Thursday, January 17, 2013

The mushroom, of course!

I've decided to put Dee on Mushrooms for a month or two.  She hasn't been bad, per se, under saddle.  But she has been incredibly distracted and tense.  I've ordered a month's worth of ECP to see if it can help get her focused again.  It's like, as soon as we get going, she just starts finding things to worry about.  She doesn't do anything about it, but she just can't seem to take a deep breath and relax.  Even when she does relax for a second, it's as if she'll suddenly go "OH!  WAIT!  I can't be RELAXED!  I must be alert!  And worry!"  Part of it might be the crazy weather that we've been having, which swings from chilly to deliciously spring-like, but who knows.  I've liked the ECP i the past, so I'm hoping it can help to let her chill a bit.  It would be nice to be able to really ride her again.  Right now, I  can really only push on her a little before she starts to melt down, and most of the ride is just me trying to be as soft as possible and encourage her to just relax and stretch.  I'd like to get to the point where I can actually pick her up again and push her to really work.

2 comments:

  1. Is this the stuff Bettina loves? I should look into that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS the stuff Bettina loves. It used to really help the stallions, and B swore by it. I'm hoping it works equally well on mares!

    ReplyDelete