Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Making the Move

December 1st, Dee and I will be moving! Granted, it's about half an hour down the road, but still, it's a big deal! She'll be learning the western ropes with a world champion quarter horse trainer, and I can't wait to watch her transform from a cheeky baby to an educated adult. I've seen this trainer work miracles, and while I don't think Dee needs a miracle, I do think she needs a firmer, more educated hand than my own, and he's the best in town.
Anyway, life on the Dee front has been uneventful. On the other hand, life with the horses in washington has been CRAZY. We've got one with mud fever that keeps on flaring up despite keeping his legs as dry and clean as possible and smz's. Banamine and smz's seem to be keeping it in check for now. Then we have another who blew an abscess a few weeks ago and went suddenly lame on the other front foot yesterday morning. However, last night and this morning, he looked 100% sound and could care less about getting the feet handled. No heat, no sensitivity... I guess there goes our theory about him blowing another abscess? Who knows. Maybe the banamine helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment