Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back in the groove.

Well, Tango's been in work for about a week and a half now, and he's finally getting into business-mode. Today he was actually willing to relax and stretch in his trot work, canter like a normal animal (as opposed to just charging around like a wildebeast), and even execute some leg yeilds at the walk and trot. Julie and I also changed his bit, from a regular Dee to an Eggbutt French-Link, and I think he was pleased with it. It's so nice to actually watch him go around and look SOUND. I've been waiting a LONG time for that! If I can manage to get my back in riding condition soon, I'd like to sign him up for an event in July, but I suppose we'll have to play it by ear.
Today's session... I've decided that I need to work on my photo skills, since out of about 25 photos, only a few were actually usable. I just always seem to get him at the most awkward moments!





No comments:

Post a Comment